• RSS
  • Mail
  • Facebook
  • Twitter


Imagine my surprise (and delight) when an artist named 'Nikita' landed in my inbox. I know what you're thinking: what's SO surprising about this Nikita singer person? I'm sorry, but the reason isn't exactly music-related. I'm watching this great new US TV series under the same name which I'd love to share the details about and I could go on and on but then this wouldn't be a music blog, would it? (To answer that, it would be a Nikita lovefest and thus will require name changes and I'm not very good at that sort of thing.)

ANYWAY, Nikita aka Pati Yang is a Polish electronic artist and apparently the "sound of the future" according to her press release. Her debut single Tonight is a fine slice of electropop, and the paper thin vocals work magic on the track. Nikita's debut album is being put together with the help of Joe Cross, who's responsible for The Sound of Arrows and ever polished-looking duo HURTS. I will be looking forward to fresh and utterly poptastic tunes from this Polish songstrel.


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...