• RSS
  • Mail
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Fefe Dobson interview
This Canadian singer-songwriter's songs have been covered by artists like Miley Cyrus, S.H.E, Selena Gomez & the Scene, and Jordin Sparks. Massive TV shows such as The Vampire Diaries, American Idol, America's Next Top Model, and more have featured I Want You and Watch Me Move, among others. Stuttering, her latest single, has been playing over and over on my iTunes ever since I got the track. You all probably know who I'm talking about, so let's get on with our interview with FEFE DOBSON!


What is your inspiration behind the single "Ghost"?
The song is about finding out that the person you're involved with has been living a double life. It’s about walking away from a bad relationship and sticking up for yourself.

What's the story behind the album title "Joy"?
Making this record was definitely a joyful experience as well as liberating. I wanted to name it after positivity and light.


How does "Joy" differ from your debut?
Well... my first album was written about 7 years ago, so naturally it’s going to be a bit different. I wrote songs like Take Me Away and Everything when I was 15, 16, so lyrically they're coming from a different place than they would now, being in my early 20's. I've experienced new things, met new people, discovered more music, etc.


What drew you towards the rock genre?
Growing up, my sister played a lot of rock and roll. She loved Nirvana & Smashing Pumpkins. But I think when I heard Michael and Janet Jackson so perfectly mix electric guitars into pop music, I knew then that I had to somehow do something like that as well.


Who are your musical influences and why?
I have so many... Michael Jackson, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Stevie Nicks, Jimi Hendrix, Madonna, to name a few.


What is your guilty pleasure band?
I'm not really ashamed of anything I listen to. I'm the first person to bust out the boy bands! Hanson and 'N Sync were my faves! :)


OH, you want more of this?

Well, this is just the first part of our chat with Fefe Dobson! You see, I've asked for a bit of help from someone who's been listening to her music (before Stuttering, that is)... so the other chunk of this interview is over at The Reflective Inklings.

CHECK OUT PART TWO NOW!


ALSO, go and get yourself a copy of Fefe's fantastic single, Stuttering!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...